Monday, November 3, 2014

Undead: Ten Tales of Zombies book review



I love books!! So what is even better than books.. a zombie book.. or in this case a collection of zombie stories all in one book. Yes i love all things zombie. Yes i watch pretty most any zombie tv show or movie available and i have always been that way. I love anything and everything supernatural or syfy. My husband and I both are total nerds who love vampires, zombies, werewolves,witches, ghosts... all kinds of freaky stuff.
 First let me say, that i thoroughly enjoyed myself while reading this. I was kicked back in my recliner with my tea and blanket.. kids were all tucked in.. no noise, no tv.. it was so nice.
So i was given the chance to review this book by Rayne Hall. Is that not one of the coolest names ever? And i am  very excited to share my thoughts and opinions about this book.
First let me introduce you to the  book:


Story List:

1. IMMUNITY by Jeff Strand
What if the body’s immune system can shake off the infection?

2. GREYWALKER by Rayne Hall
A dying man will pay any price to gain time.

3. LAST CHANCE TO SEE by Tracie McBride
You have twenty-four hours before death becomes permanent.

4. FURZBY HOLT by Jonathan Broughton
Collecting census information in this English village should be an easy job.

5. ANOTHER OLDIE BUT GOODIE by Paul D. Dail
Retirement home resident Margaret is hearing music that no one else can hear.

6. ZOMBIE MOTHER-IN-LAW by Tara Maya
Mama lives in the basement.

7. I’LL LOVE YA, FOREVER, BUT… by April Grey
Faithful to a fault, that’s my Fred.

8. DECISION OF THE COUNCIL by John Hoddy
The year is 2225. Is it safe to reanimate a person from the barbarous past?

9. THE REASON FOR ZOMBIES by Douglas Kolacki 
My limbs are not as cooperative as they used to be.

10. FEEDING FRENZY by Matt Hults
These zombies are hungry.

There are 10 short stories in this book and all written by different authors from all around the world. All of the stories were so good and so different it is really hard to narrow down my favorite story. So instead of picking just one, i have narrowed it down to a couple.
I have picked story #10 Feeding Frenzy by Matt Hults. I really liked the twists and turns this story took and i really couldnt tell what was going to happen to the characters next. It was full of suprises and i feel was witty to a point.
My second fav was Furzby Holt by Jonathon Broughten. I picked this paticular story because i felt the plot of the cencus worker was fabulous. It also made me think of some of the crazy places those census workers have had to troud through. lol. I found it funny and very spooky. That is a win, win in my book. 


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment