Saturday, November 8, 2014

4 kids and Frantic version of a masquerade bday party!!

My little 8 year old had asked for a masquerade party theme and i was super excited for two reasons : 1. She is a tomboy and i was excited to do something girly
2. I love to try to be creative with decorations etc

So i was very happy but a little nervous due to the fact that i birthdays can be very costly. Especially with a fun theme like this one. I normally try to make alot of my decorations due to cost cut down and because i think its super fun. So just like everyone on the planet i cruised Pinterest, blogs and bday party websites. This is what i came up with :)

First off lets talk about the Bday girls outfit. Like i said , she is a tomboy on a regular day. Her fav color is blue.I wanted to make her something that i thought would be dressy in a way that would suit her.

ok , so here is what i did. short story: i had the white tank that i embellished with blue tulle and black lace and rhinestones. Cut off the collar of a dress shirt too little for my oldest boy , made a tie to glue on. The skirt was made from a half yard of blk lace and half yard of blk and white material. ( i purchased them for a total of 4.00 from walmart) . We already had the blue leggings,i did buy the black hose and two came in a pack so we used some for hose and the other pair she wanted a pair of fingerless gloves. walah.. thats what we used the second pair of knee high hose for .lol. Now the mask i ordered from ebay . It was 4.00+2.00 shipping, it came super fast and i did put the feathers on. I thought it needed a little something.. The hat came in a pack of 4 various color i bought at my local Dollar Tree.

Next  are some of my decoration ideas:

Centerpiece:
I made two, and i used older glass vases that i had recieved when my husband had sent me flowers on some past occasions. ( this is one time, being a pack rat came in handy)
I had mostly everything on hand to make these, and that is because i love all things crafty and am constantly picking up fabric etc. I had some silver scrap material and some left over tulle to put in the vase. I actually bought the silver sprig pretties for Christmas this year at Dollar tree but opted to use it for this as well. The black lace i put around the vase was left over from the black lace skirt i made . I had the shabby chic flowers , and that is a large bead in the center. I had bought a pack of 6 multi color masks, at my local craft mall for around 7.00 I painted a dowel rod and attached it with hot glue, put on some embellishments and there you have my centerpieces.

This back drop is a table vinyl table cloth from the party section at Walmart for around 2.00. I thought it was perfect. I made the mask out of poster board and construction paper, and embellished it. Threw some tulle and spiral ceiling hangers form walmart and that was it. 

I used my black bench in front of my big back drop as a greeting post for the guests. Once they arrived , they approached the bench and was told to "take a mask and have a blast" .I had found some decent masks at the dollar tree that i bought in case someone didnt have a mask of their own. The bench had masks, for both boys and girls,  party headbands, light up rings, bracelets and beads for the guests , most of which i did get at Dollar Tree.

I was sooo happy to find these at Dollar Tree! They were perfect, i couldnt find anything cuter at any website. It was a great find.
Here are some other pics of masks close up. 

i found these at the craft mall 6 in a pack for 7.00 

Another Dollar Tree find! I love Dollar Tree!

Last pic, i promise. These are vinyl tablecloths that i cut and hung , balloons tied in grape like bunches and hung with string. I will confess that the tinsel chandelier was something i bought from the craft mall. It was close to 12.00.  I. had.to. have. it.  I am hoping to store it away and use it again. 

I didnt get a good pic of my food table :(  I just served snacks , chips, popcorn, candy, donuts, eclairs, peanuts, and of course cupcakes and icecream. 
We played a mystery game, where each guest was asked a variety of questions in private , such as : favorite food, subject, music, singer, movie, icecream etc. Then I read the papers and the guests tried to guess which info went with which girl, hence , solving the Masquerade mystery. It was alot of fun. Then we played a fun game passing the balloon to music ( hot potatoe). 
That was our fun Masquerade Birthday Night!





0 comments:

Post a Comment